Monday, April 11, 2011

A purple robe

A purple robe, a crown of thorns,
A reed in His right hand;
Before the soldiers' spite and scorn
I see my Saviour stand.

He bears between the Roman guard
The weight of all our woe;
A stumbling figure bowed and scarred
I see my Saviour go

Fast to the cross's spreading spam,
High in the sunlit air,
All the unnumbered sins of man
I see my Saviour bear.

He hangs, by whom the world was made,
Beneath the darkened sky;
The everlasting ransom paid,
I see my Saviour die.

He shares on high His father's throne,
Who once in mercy came;
For all His love to sinners shown
I sing my Saviour's name.

No, I did not weave this out haha. It's actually a song, but it could be seen as a poem too. A very meaningful song that the congregation sang during Good Friday/Easter some time ago.

Do read it! :-)



No comments: