Thursday, April 26, 2012

Week 10...

... of semester two, 2012. Guess what? four more weeks of lectures, then exams 'til middle of June, and then I'm as free as a bird & officially a first year student of UM. w00t! Will come up with a detailed post about being a Year 1 student soon. haha.

anyway do you know this band below?
taken from good ol' friend, Google.

 So about this band right, I remembered hearing this song on the radio when I was a kid.  And being a kid I never knew how to appreciate these kind of music like The Beatles, the beach boys, Sade, The Wonders and so on. I used to think that they were terrible music meant for old people in their 50s and above.

Fast forward to 10 years later (as in now), the oldies' music is one of my fav genres to listen to haha so ironic right. i guessed my capacity to store music in my brain has expanded over the years, hence the topic of maturity surfaces etc blabla.

A quick fact about The Archies: they're a garage band formed by Archie Andrews, Reggie & Jughead. Please tell me you read their comics. It's my staple book diet when I was a kiddo. if you haven't, you gotta get one copy of it!!! pronto!!

if i were to choose between being good in studies or music, I would pick music. Yes, music over studies! What's the point of being so dang good in your studies i.e. Einstein the Second but yet, you cannot enjoy enjoy music at its simplest (or most complex) form? Like the blending of voice harmonies, fancy chords and off-beat timing alwayzzz give me goose bumps haha. so it's definitely music over studies anytime, anyday. agree right?


No comments: