Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I'm now 2/3 through 2013 and so far it has been an interesting journey with ups and downs. I've learnt a lot from people; the way they carry themselves, their perspectives, their actions & how they handle life issues. I've also learnt to deal different kinds of people with very different personalities. Oh speaking about ppl I've seen the true colours of many friends where some are encouraging, some are not. 

This year will also be my first time takin over from Joseph to be conductress for church choir. and to be honest I'm nervous, excited and scared. I've never lead a big group before (ok CF doesnt count it's different) and especially there're people older than me, like 10+ years. A lot of 'what ifs' and expectations from people expecting me to be on par with Jo or better because I've got big shoes to fill. If I let these get to me it can be overwhelming and can cloud my purpose of serving. :( I don't want that to happen. sigh.. I mentioned briefly to a friend in church abt me doin choir n she said I need a lot of support -.- You don't say, sister. 

I'll hold on to God's promises and have faith that thru Him all is possible. Oh one of my fav lecturers posted this as her fb status: "It is not a matter of what God can do but your faith to believe what God can do for you". :)

Happy journeying through the remaining 1/4 of 2013. We'll see how things turn out :)

P/s i've realized the beauty of flat white and am gonna ditch my all-time favourite latte!! JOin me in my new favourite.

3 comments:

Asia Colion said...

No worries, just do what you can. I honestly feel that people shouldn't compare you to jo. After all you are both different people and your talents are different. Just rock the choir with your own 'Tien Mie' style :)

tien mie said...

thanks Al <3 wish u were in choir 2 support :P

Asia Colion said...

Even if I was, my voice is quite soft so I probably wouldn't be helping much haha. I will try next year maybe :)