Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Step Outside These Walls*

Time to end my life as a bummer because I finally, finally got myself a job! :) *pats self* I'll be starting tmr.

Yeap, after four solid months of bumming at home a friend from church offered me a job to be an intern in her company. Basically what I need to do is just to update websites, input stuff innit, check stuff etc... be her asst. It was just outa the blue when we were having MAM meeting and I duno how it got there when I was offered ze job.

Initially I planned not to work until uni comes in Sept, but since this job opportunity came along, so I thought ok lah why not just take it instead of slothing at home. Imagine ; if I didn't take the job I'll be slothing for 9 months then suddenly, a rude awakening ; Uni has arrived! Thus begin the bombardment of assignments and whatnot and me not being able to catch up coz sloth too much, which will result in low grades.

Don't know what to expect, but one thing I know is to always have a positive attitude towards things. And quoting from another friend's blog, God always want to push us out of our comfort zones.

Here I go, stepping out of my comfort zone. It's uneasy, but look at it from a different perspective--in the long run maybe this working experience will help me in a way.

* Teddy Geiger sang this. Remember him?


2 comments:

waiyan said...

hello :) how's your job?

tien mie said...

hmm good i think..need a little bit more time to adjust coz thre's HTML reading involved & a bit of tech stuff. But it's something new for me ;) heard your 1st yr is coming to an end! Can celebrate edi :P