Friday, July 29, 2011

unheard opinions

The more parents try to protect you, the more you rebel. Uh huh. they've got to let me breathe, man. Sooner or later you(especially my dad) have to

1) let me DRIVE on my own (eventhough I'm a wee bit scared coz haven't been driving lately) before the fear of driving intensify and *smack, whaddaya know, 30years old me and still can't drive. And stop giving excuses that oh I have to baiki my attitude first before I drive and all that nonsense. Come on la.

2) chill on the curfews, especially with church mates. Really. Go for meeting also got curfew. And I can tell that they dont wana pick me up so late because... I have no idea. Never asked, never will. Then why not let me drive la deiii

In a way I'm so glad I'm going to uni AND staying in campus for the first year. No more hawk-eye staring from dad, which is what I need. It's time that I voice out my opinions and my rights to my own freedom (as long as it doesn't go overboard).

Sometimes, the overprotectiveness can be pretty overwhelming you know. Can't they see it from MY perspective? YA i know you care for my safety, thanks. I do appreciate it. BUT, how long can you do this? You've been 'protecting' me for 20 freaking years man, and I'm sorry I have to put my foot down now, because I'm ENTITLED to my own personal space, and freedom, and decisions.

You 'protected' me so much until, now at 20, I'm still so naive, so blur, so innocent, because I was inadvertently prevented from making MY own decisions/having MY own personal space/freedom. That's the setback of being too overprotective. And suddenly, at 20, there're responsibilities being shoved at my face and sometimes I get buried under them, because of what? You la what else.

You didn't realize that by protecting me so much you prevented me from being independent.


I'm tired.


No comments: