Sunday, October 23, 2011

tugging of the heart

"When you are a teacher, you can touch lives."

"Being a teacher is a noble job."

Huh. Quote #1 came from an aunty from church. Quote #2 came from a church friend.

In my opinion I think what they said are true. But I find myself shutting out the word 'teacher'. My heart is hard as stone towards teaching and I refused to open it up to be receptive towards all the teaching techniques learnt. Because all these while teaching never crossed my mind, and I never wanted to be one.

I don't know how I suddenly realized that the problem lies within me, how stubborn my heart and mindset can be towards my course. Wait, I think the realization hit me in church. Yeah so appropriate kan of all places. But what will happen if I become a teacher? Will I be able to touch lives? Will I be contented? Where will I be posted? Kelantan, Terengganu, rural areas?

An aunty came up to me yesterday at church and we bersembang about teaching and yada. One thing she said was that I should ask God to prepare my heart for teaching, to be receptive towards all the stuff in tesl.

But am I ready? argh I don't know. =/


No comments: