Wednesday, December 28, 2011

And the clock begins to tick.

As 2011 comes to an end, I'm still in disbelief as to how it passed by so quickly. Really! I'm not kidding. I can tell you the highlights of 2011 for me that I remembered - MAM comm, stpm results, getting into UM, first experience working, christmas choir...many more events happened but I'll have to think hard hehe. See how fast time flies? Even christmas passed already. And we're stepping into a new year very soon.

2011 has been a good year for me. I enjoyed it because there were a lot of firsts for me, because I saw myself growing, stepping out, learning more stuff, being more open-minded. It wasn't easy but I'm glad I went through it as it made me more..matured I think. :) It was also a year where I had to make some decisions and choices, where I had to think for myself, where I saw how different my perceptions were from my parents and friends which made me grew a lot.

In church, I made bonds with church mates, still serving in a ministry I'm pretty passionate about, worked with a good mentor who indirectly taught me a lot, was inspired by a few & hung out with the kiddos (they're fun to be with ok! made me feel young :D).

At work, I learned lotsa things from boss and colleagues and they're the ones who showed me there is no such thing as office politics. In uni, ah..where to begin? I met so many people from different walks of life, was touched by kind and sincere gestures by some people, was inspired by seniors, made a commitment to serve in the cf committee, made many new friends..uni opened my eyes to many things unseen. Glad to be part of UM, to be part of the vast community that is so different and unique.

I'm thankful and blessed in 2011. :) I'm pretty excited and a lil afraid about 2012 because I feel I'll be stepping out more from my comfort zone and taking on more responsibilities. It's gona be one fun and memorable ride. Sit tight, and hang on to Him! :-)



No comments: