Sunday, February 12, 2012

the difference between my church choir and my college choir:

98% of the time church choir sings in pitch. Somehow we just can (exposed more to music? God's grace then), because we have auditions and people who can sing in pitch are welcomed to join. However, my college choir also have auditions. The thing is, those who can't sing/can't hear themselves when they sing/tone deaf etc surprisingly passed the auditions. Hence, when the four parts of voice group come together, instead of sounding melodious, it sounded more like.........yeah you get my drift.

A simple solution that does not require any sweat, blood or tears:

filter your people when you have auditions the next round. (duh) no point having practices every weekday night available when the results are still the same - no blending in harmony. It's not that we're lacking practice. It's because....some people are meant to sing, some are not.

but I would say it'll be mean & demeaning to oust these (yes; not one, not two, but several) 'melodious' people now so next year lah.

I am on the verge of quitting my college choir. It takes up my time and life (yes, life). Why on earth did I want to join in the first place?!?!?!

I guess I don't really bother much about college points in order to remain staying in college. I already stopped bothering after sem 1 because there're much more interesting things than this.

:)


No comments: