Tuesday, March 06, 2012

how convenient.

Sometimes in this course, I get a wee bit discouraged by the assignments because it reminds me of how I didn't want to be in tesl in the first place. At times I still feel out of place, like asking myself 'what? why am i learning that?" "how am I going to do that?"

How am i going to ace this course if my heart's not 100% in it? why am i still feeling a tinge of reluctance towards this course even after 1 semester? :( i guess tesl hasn't really grow on me yet.

just the other day i met with a friend from the English dept (my dream course tht i wanted to enter) and she told me how this lecturer told them about my wanting to switch to English dept and how I would definitely do very well there. And I know I will totally love it when I'm there. But then. I've already got 3/4 of my foot in tesl. Too late to pull out. It was quite a blow to hear that...imagine if I'm in that dept, I would be loving what I'm learning, and I would put 150% into my assignments to score. I would probably even do well in a course that i <3.

But why am I saying all this? It's gona make me feel worse if I compare my current situation to where I should have been.

There's no turning back now. Deal with it. But I'm going to deal with it with love. With a different mindset. with God's help. :'(

This sucks.


5 comments:

qiandjun :) said...

change lah! follow your heart!

tien mie said...

:) <3 thx love.

Joannetmj said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joannetmj said...

TESL will always be useful if you intend to educate in the future. :-) I may like my course but I sometimes wish I have a better foundation on the WAYS to teach all I've learnt. No point learning without knowing how to spread your knowledge, really. Just ace your TESL course, take as many English Lit electives as you want, and do masters in English Lit with me! =D Some of the English department lecturers did their degrees in TESL too.. it's a good degree to have!

tien mie said...

orite i'll try jo.. thanks 4 advice :-) !<3