Monday, March 26, 2012

Euphoria

Choir competition UM was today, and the atmosphere? Euphoric.

As I sat in the van on the way to the hall, I reflected on the times I had choir during secondary, and it was the same euphoric feeling that ran through my veins. "I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes." Uni choir ain't the same as secondary choir because 1) we're all grown ups and 2) we're more pro. ;)

And even when the competition's over, when we had post-mortem and a lot of thankyous and apologies, even when I'm up at 2am because I just washed the hairspray off my hair, I look back at the support and friends who came today. 'twas.. amazing.

I look back too at the times when I wasn't consistent during practices, always missing because of church choir and other stuff...I'd say it was a long, tiring but memorable journey. Eventhough the thought of quitting sometimes appear in my mind because i had quite some things to juggle, i'm glad i didn't because I would not have felt what I'm feeling right now.

Another thing was because I've already promised myself that I'll be committed to choir and for me to back out like that is just...wrong. What sort of impression am I setting as Christian? So nope, and I thank God (!) really, for encouraging me to stay put and help the altos :)

At the end of the day, I learnt a lot along the way and that, is priceless.

million dollar question is: will I join choir next year? er maybe... 50-50. depends on how busy I am.



our last pose! spot me :)

courtesy from fb. :) choir team! we grabbed 4th place though, which to me, based on our standard, progress and how some of the members sing out of tune sometimes (hehe confession!), is pretty good already. PTL.

No comments: