Thursday, July 18, 2013

Was just chatting with michelle my coursemate on fb and she randomly asked me: "Tien, do you love malaysia?"

I'm sure she meant it as a random question without thinking hard about it, but to me it was a question that made me ponder... Do i love my country?

When I was young I used to dream of living overseas because of the four-seasonal weather, cute sheep, cottage houses, beautiful beaches, good food.. everything that is not Malaysianized. But now as an adult, my perceptions differ and my dream has changed. I realized that I'm so used to the environment here and the way how things are. It's like my second skin you know. And it took something big like the recent GE results to make me appreciate my country even more. It was the first time I ever cried for my home-ground. Now that's another story for another time. 

So my answer to her was: Yea i love my country..i love the people, i love the food. 

Lol that is like a summary of everything kan. but i really really do love the people and food. :-) 

No comments: