Friday, June 20, 2014

1st week

First week of practical ended today. And phew, what a relief, but i have 8 more weeks to go. :0 First off, I am truly thankful to have such nice, helpful and warm teachers/staff who made me and my fellow trainee teachers feel welcome in BB. Albeit in a small way, their warmth and helpfulness really helped give me encouragement.

Second thing is my english class. The boys are pretty decent boys and deep down I can sense that they are good boys, but they get distracted easily and love to talk. I have to make them love English and not feel bored and disinterested whenever it's Eng period. All that I have learnt in simulated teaching class cannot be used here because of diff proficiency level and it does not apply at ALL to my class. This is a challenge I will  have to accept, and I hope tht throughout the 8 weeks, I will be able to impact their lives in small ways through the little things that I say or do. 

There is still hope. I will have to remind myself that because of all places, I'm placed in BB boys school for a reason, and particularly in that class tht I'm teaching. It's very easy to get discouraged when things don't go as planned, when the boys are restless, noisy and just don't wana listen to you. But I will always rely on God for strength and courage. And my family and friends. :-) 

But with all that being said, I don't think I want to venture into the teaching line. Ever. Ever!!! (lecturing/piano-teaching not included heh)

1 comment:

pearly said...

I don't hope to teach also.. Reluctant every Monday to Friday to go to school T.T