Friday, July 11, 2014

week 4

I noticed my recent blog posts are all about school and practical. Oh well.. that's how it's gona be for the next 6 weeks. Anyway so week 4 has passed, and I've grown to like my form 4 Eng class more. Now that I look back, I am pretty glad I got this class because although majority may think they're naughty boys, they actually listen to me most of the time and this week they were pretty responsive.

Many have this perception that the last few classes are rowdy, rude, have no mannerisms and clearly have no heart at all for love and care. but maybe there is a deeper problem; broken families and less care from parents. And the kids are the victims :( do you also know that the best classes may be arrogant and also pretty disrespectful because they think they are smarter than their teachers? there's pros and cons to both la to be fair.

For my class, i think the ice has broken and most of my students are comfortable around me and vice versa. A small part in me does a mini-jump everytime my students take the initiative to say 'Hi teacher!' when they passed by me in the walkway, or like today when I was relieving a class and they greeted me from afar. aww.

I guess I got this class to teach me to be more loving, less judgemental and more patient.

And after 4 weeks, I am growing more attached to my students. I finally see that they're gems hidden and buried so deep that it took me a month to dig it out. I'm glad I realized it now and will definitely miss them when I end my practical :(((

No comments: