Friday, August 08, 2014

my thoughts.

Just 10 days left til I finish my practical. Now when I think back, it's a blessing in disguise to get this boys' school because although they are loud, cheeky, mischievous and naughty (only applies to certain classes),  they have taught me something valuable. these boys, especially the ones in my class have moved my heart to be more loving, patient and caring. Yes, they made me angry. Yes, they made me stressed out. Yes, I have shed tears for them. Yes, they made me crack my head every time for new activities. 

But they also made me laugh at their silly comments, their funny answers in my homework and their playfulness in class. They give me warmth in my heart whenever they pass up their h/w or when they all co-operated soo well whenever my lecturer comes twice. They made me expand my heart to love and care for them. They broke down my judgemental mindset of thinking that classes like this class are trouble-makers. Their sincere smiles and the occasional "cikgu, ok tak?" brighten up my sad days. their cheerful greetings of "good morning teacher/hiii teacher" made me smile and reply back with enthusiasm. Majority of them are not arrogant or sombong. To me, they have the most sincere and selfless hearts in da whole of F4 xp

I am also very sad and heartbroken to know that most of them do not come from well-off families. Not only my english class but most of the boys in BB. some come from shelter homes, some come from troubled families, some don't have good stationary to use in school etc. that is probably one of the contributing factors to their behaviour. And this is also where reality slaps me hard in the face and say, "Hey. the problems that u read in story books like students' parents divorced, students growing up in gangster areas, students' parents dont love them.... well, it's very real here in this school you're in."

I wonder whether my heart will be moved or not if I got to those top cluster schools where majority of the students are well-fed, well-loved and can have everything they want. I don't think so(in my humble opinion).

So...thank you, smk** for moving my heart, for breaking the wall of my judgemental mindset and for teaching me more than I can ever learn about humanity, love and compassion.

1 comment:

Asia Colion said...

This is so sweet and touching! You totally inspire me woman!!