Monday, December 22, 2014

Random trinkets

This year I've been doing more thinking than usual. The stuff that occupy most of my thoughts are my future, graduation, what I need to improve on as I grow older, the books I've read or need to read, the people I've met or have been acquainted for some time and other minute thoughts that are too insignificant to remember. Put it simply, it's good to do some thinking and not just go through life  and waste another year mindlessly without thought. 

I'm turning 24 soon, and I'm acutely aware that there're a lot of things that I still don't know, especially out in the big bad world. I don't think my circle of friends feel the same way like I do haha. Neways, the good thing is when I look back at the past 3 years that I've entered uni, I can confidently say that I've learnt and grown so much compared to life before uni. Life in uni is so different compared to life in secondary school & F6. Uni moulds you to be independent in action and thought.  it pushes you out of your comfort zone and makes you discover your leadership skills. It is a platform to share ideas and to be diplomatic with one another during discussions. It makes one agree to disagree and to be level-headed in all situations. So many things lah... but all these come gradually in these 3 years, and it takes one to realize it when looking back in the rear view mirror. 

Anyway. Lately I've been looking at my bookshelf and seeing what books I can re-read just coz I ran out of ideas on what books to buy or borrow. So far I've done Marley & Me (cried again), to kill a mockingbird and lord of the rings trilogy. Re-reading a book makes you notice new things that you've missed when u read it d first time. As for now, I'm attempting The Silmarillion by JRR Tolkien.

The same author as the lord of the rings. A lil challenging to read coz if you're not a hardcore fantasy person like me, you won't know how to enjoy this. But, I'm giving this book the benefit of the doubt and am trying to read different genres too. I enjoyed reading the lord of the rings so much, so why not give this a try. ;) Happy reading, guys! Reading is good for the soul.

No comments: