Monday, June 27, 2016

blast from the past


a friend shared this on fb today. oh man... this series was my bro and my fav reads at that time!! I like how every chapter ended with a cliffhanger. and they had a game series where readers had to choose option 1 or 2, whether either the main character sits the rollercoaster or he chooses to go to the theme park and etc. i always ended up reading both choices to see which was the best heh. I tried reading Sweet Valley/Sweet Valley High but I couldn't understand the drama. But i did read a sweet valley book where the twins were running from a stalker. that was ok. 


Which reminds me of my other fav: mary-kate and ashley books!! In primary school my friends and I were cray over this series man. Yea I know their book covers look so.... 90s hahaha. I can't believe I liked reading them. 

Oh man. the 90s sure look cheesy, now that I look back at all the books and fashion etc. But these were the real deal back then!! Sooo different compared to what students have nowadays. so very different. and then there's batu seremban, masak2, rubber/eraser fights, stapling staplers at the sides of erasers, conteng-ing erasers, tick-tack-toe, skipping ropes made out of rubberbands, pepsi-cola, having a journal where we get friends to write their testimonials/fav food, music, books blabla..... where did these go?!?! D:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahah, I read a bit of sweet valley and found the drama quite eye rolling especially after they grew up!

Tien Mie said...

haha exactly!! eye rolling explains it perfectly :D