Saturday, August 20, 2016

surviving

Week 1 of my job stint: was in afternoon for 1 day and was shifted to morning sesh bcoz i have classes in the evenings which cant be postponed. The girls are overall demure, nice, harmless (lol). The teachers are so, so warm and friendly. They really made me feel welcomed in school and are ever ready with a smile, a short greeting and a laugh. <3 It really made me less discouraged coz my house to klang is about 30-40min drive, so everyday i'll be driving about 1hr plus. 

At times I wonder how on earth am i going to balance preparing all the lesson plans and reading journals and writing my thesis. (this school has only 2 eng teachers, and one is gonna pass her class to me soon because of health conditions. x.x) i'm not ready. scared. i haven't been teaching since 2014. rusty. complacent. >.< 

but mum told me to count my blessings. just be thankful for whatever I have. When I see these girls and look at the draught of English teachers in this school, I know Im not here by chance. but when i see myself i know i'm not equipped at ALL. i can only learn so much in the 4 yrs of undergrad but when it comes to application, everything thrown out of the window. the only thing i can take with me is my 3mnths practicum stint. and that itself is slowly fading in memory. :( 

 gahhhhh.

cant wait for LCW finals tonight. holy smokes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Omg only two! How big is your school?

Tien Mie said...

haha about 1.2k students.. actually i found out got 4 Eng teachers in morning sesh, but 3 teachers gave me their class -.-" so i'm teaching 3 eng classes, 15 periods. is tht a lot?? T.T