Thursday, September 15, 2011

it's good when it rains

I survived the first week of lectures :) *pats self* Haven't found a subject which I like yet. If they have Teaching in Music I probably would la, but too bad don't have. I need to talk to tesl seniors and asked them what can I do with tesl besides teaching. Sorry, haven't jumped on the bandwagon of enthusiastically becoming a teacher. *shrugs*

Oh I have something to share! Two incidents that really *piak* me on the face. On tues, while walking back from my faculty, it started to rain quite heavily and I was caught under it! How unfortunate right. I was like 5 minutes walk from my college when it rained. =(

So here's what happened.

While walking to my college gate (yeah I couldn't be bothered to run because I was drenched already) someone from behind yelled "run! run!" and I thought who is this person asking me to run huh! But - wait for it - he tiba-tiba said "come let me carry your bag" and I gave him my bag and we both ran to the nearest shade. (he ran ahead of me of course. my stamina = zero) But so nice right he offered to carry my bag :P I made a new friend that day. His name is Daniel and he's also a first year student like me. Sincerely nice and friendly. He also offered to teman me to wait for the rain to stop!

If you think that's nice, here's another one. So both Daniel and I were talking la to wait for the rain to subside. Then from far we saw a guy walking with an umbrella looking at us. He then approached us and ... offered us his umbrella!! Like, what?? I was touched by his gesture. Then the kind guy and Daniel went off under the rain. And the kind guy looked real clean, like he just bathed, and he had to walk under the rain and clean up again. I didn't even get his name to return his umbrella.

These kind gestures really hit me hard and made me ask myself, would I do that if I were in both the guys' positions? They barely know me and yet they willingly and sincerely helped me without expecting anything.

I was feeling like crap when I realized I was drenched from head to toe, but God is truly good all the time and He provided two people to unconsciously cheer me up in a way.

So, yeah I learned something valuable that day. =) Looking back I'm glad I got wet. Little things like these that God can do amaze me!

btw I crave mcds!





No comments: