Thursday, February 09, 2012

when you think you're old.

I'm turning 21 in eleven days. :) People say it's just a number. And yes I agree. But think of it; 21, the age to vote, to do anything you want. In other words: to be a qualified adult. With adulthood comes more responsibilities, decisions to make, using more brain fluid to think what's right and wrong... Uh huh. Ready or not, life thrusts the number 21 to me. It's how I take it and use it to its max. To be honest most of my close peers are 2 or 3 years younger than me; one is even 8 years younger! But somehow I can click with them and I'm thankful that I don't act that old. haha!

I foresee myself doing a lot of things this year-mostly stepping away from my Zone of Comfort. I can't believe I agreed to do it because sometimes fear gets to me. But k lah i share with you; one of my new year's resolution is to step out from comfortable zones to 1) make myself a better person 2)learn more stuff from older peers 3) build up my character and personality. And whenever the fear comes, I remind myself of these reasons I'm stepping out, and it'll help me in the future. (must be far-sighted edi, cannot see things only as it is). Scared, but I'll make it through with The Lord's help.

Don't say "I can't". Instead, say "I can".


No comments: