Thursday, April 12, 2012

Up with the Birds*

great news this morning: Class at 9am cancelled. *dances around like a sakai*

see, small things like these make life sunnier. :)

i thank God this week is coming to an end! I can't wait for weekends. When will I ever be free from uni's responsibilities? never. it has chained me. nah it'll end when i graduate.

A good friend told me yesterday that the yf/youth is dying. Huh? Dying spiritually? or in numbers? he said both, everything lah. Hmm betul meh? well the people innit are definitely different, we have more young ones nw and all the oldies have left. Is it because of cliques? Because it's true, we do have cliques.

Every church/cf is facing this la and i think to curb this it has to start from one's initiative to step out and talk to other peeps. believe me, we're all guilty that we have our own cliques. Admit it. Oh what's that? You don't? then you deserve this = *applause* but yeah even the most pious christian has cliques. Hehe yes I'm saying this openly because it's true. :)

But anyway, back to yf. Erm I don't really know whether it's true as I only help out in the music department and then chao afterwards but..if most of the youth are feeling like that then..something..needs to be done. but first, before you jump the gun and say yf is dying, what is the cause? If the cause is everything, then it's..hard because everything is subjective. And if we were to change everything it's not a one-nightly change. It takes time. Yeah...i think identifying the root of the 'dying' claim would be a good start.

I'm blogging about this because it's an issue that surfaces from time to time in chats with my church peers, and yf is a place where ppl like me went to and grew & learnt so much (notice the past tense. yeah im old)..so....it's erm yea pretty important to me to be aware lah of this.

*Up with the Birds is one of my fave songs from Coldplay. Don't you just LOVE THEM. :D


No comments: