Monday, October 15, 2012

baba yetu

I can't believe it's mid-oct now. means 2 more months 'til 2012 comes to an end. Time really flies. 

A few church mates & I went for Ovation by The Canticle Singers to support my church mate, aliza who's singing innit :) met my dear coursemate, Cherie and her matriculation friend there whoa what a surprise. Annnd I got to see my lecturer sing too! :) They were pretty awesome. Cherie and I were in awe haha. 

I have much to learn in handling a choir and stuff like that because I'm a major noob and very inexperienced unlike joseph the choir head, but whatever comes my way, with God's guidance and courage I'll try my best. to God be the glory. 

here's a song to end this post, called Baba Yetu. Cherie posted on my fb wall and man it's so addictive! it was also the first song tht was sung by The Canticles. this masterpiece was composed by Christopher Tin for a game called Civilization. But it was made into SATB for a capella with percussion accompaniment. 'Baba Yetu' is a Swahili language-translation of the Lord's Prayer. You should look up the composer, Christopher Tin. reading his achievements on wiki really amazes me, hence his brilliant composition for baba yetu. fuyoh hot stuff. (source: Wiki)


have a good October. :)

No comments: