Monday, April 29, 2013

Seriously.

T-minus six days to General Election. And yep I'll be exercising my right to vote this time. :) 

Anyway, one thing that i don't understand; when i ask someone to serve in sunday school (worship lead, musician) or to play keyboard on a Sunday, when they're in church, then why give me the reason that they have exam period, or they need to study? After all, you're already in church so can serve what. and it only takes 30min to serve in sunday school. i'm sure you can spare just half an hour. Exam periods, so what? You can have the whole day to yourself after your serving bah. Unless you're spiritually tired, then of course by all means take a rest. 

Like the keyboard, for instance. Keyboardists are accompanying the main pianists for Sunday morning worship at 8.30am until 9.15am. So why can't someone play the keyboard within that time frame? and what's more, they're actually IN church, but with the reason that they're having exam period. Hmm. 

Just sacrifice 30min/1 hour boleh tak, for God. To be honest it can get discouraging, having people say No to worship leading, to playing piano/guitar etc most of the time. If there are uncontrollable circumstances, that i totally understand. But what if there aren't any? Ah wells. I can't force 'em to serve, because being forced to serve is no point at all kan. Might as well don't. 

Every time I feel discouraged, I'm reminded of the reason whom I'm doing this for, and it keeps me going. 

And so, here's a mini-rant from a worship coordinator. :P Now I understand what they're going through.

No comments: