Thursday, May 29, 2014

of accidents and closure

I welcome week 14 aka the final week of lectures with open arms :) Woot.. now I just have one more research paper to finish.

Neways, I had my first car accident last sun. :/ actually, the first time was in church where i sorta nudged a church mate's car. But it doesnt count coz 1) it's a fren's car and 2) it happened in one of the safest places in pj lol. but for this one, it counts :/ ironically, it happened after a meet at a friend's house where he was telling me that accidents are inevitable; we just have to be careful. Basically to cut the long story short, I was banged from behind :( 

:( Was kinda scared because I was alone driving. When I pulled over and came down, my defences were all up; I was bracing for some form of shouting or whatever. And I thought I was panicking, but surprisingly I was calm, but a serious kind of calm. Thank God for calming me. And thankfully the person who banged me was okok la and not some gangsta. 

My car and his car were sent for repair and today, I got my precious back. Check out my car's damage before the repair:

the damage doesn't look very bad right? But if you look at it closely, it is. Bad scratches, a bit misaligned and 10% of the backlight was damaged. I was sad that day.

surprise, surprise - ironically, his car above was in worse condition compared to mine! You could imagine my shock when I saw this. How did my proton, a flimsy, light-weighted car suffered minor damages compared to this giant of a car? 

My proton proved to be tougher than it looks. *pats my proton* or maybe coz my car was banged from behind and not me banging someone. If it would have been the latter, my proton will be in critical condition. 

All in all, it was an experience that I would avoid & would never want to go through again. Thank u God for protecting me and keeping me safe!!

p/s: Have a good break. We need it.

No comments: